If you’re attending to a fancy a little city break or need to flee from the hustle and bustle of daily life, Shimla Mall Road is also the proper place to visit. Located in the heart of the city, Mall Road has become a major source of entertainment for tourists of all ages and a common place for locals to wander in the evening. While enjoying a cup of your coffee it offers a more pruned environment to overlook the wonderful views of nature. Here you will find a wonderful combination of traditional culture with glorious mountains, vibrant history, serene waterfalls and adventure sports.
Suitable for both couples and families, Shimla Mall Road has several great dining restaurants, bars, clubs and shops. Enjoy shopping at the local market, which stops at your favorite dining area to satisfy your appetite with specialty or lip-smacking dishes specifically to provide handicraft products with pashmina shawls and Tibetan carpets. You can choose to open and pamper yourself at any of the entertainment centers in Shimla – this place has got something for everyone.
What to do on Mall Road?
There is so much to explore under a roof, what to choose and what not to choose can be difficult. So, here we have compiled a list of things to do as Mall Road and its surroundings –
- Enjoy the sunset at the scandal point: There’s nothing to ignore watching a romantic sunset in the evening, right? Yes, the scandal point is where you can relax while enchanting. It’s a bit far from the ridge and it’s the perfect place to capture some unforgettable memories with your friends or family. Here you can choose to explore your free local restaurants.
- Pray for blessings at Kali Bari Mandir: Don’t forget to visit this place while you are in Shimla. Built in 1845 on Jakhu hill, Kali Bari temple is dedicated to Goddess Kali and is an ancient temple of Shamla Mata. Intensive amidst the lush greenery of Shimla it presents a great view of nature.
- Check out the Town Hall: If you are a buff of history and want to learn more about the surrounding architecture, visit the Town Hall as the Hall is one of the oldest buildings in town and has a great entrance and is a great place to spend some quality time during the day.
- Spend an evening at the Guitti Theater: Widely popular for organizing social gatherings in and around the place, the Guitti Theater attracts both locals as well as tourists and is located in the center of Mall Road. This is a famous pattern of Shimla. Many people visit this place to enjoy their fun filled evenings. A number of schools organize their cultural events here to promote the overall value of art and culture in Himachal Pradesh.
- Trek to the top of the Yaku Temple: Be sure to take some time at the top of the Yaku Temple for trekking. Located on the highest peak of Shimla, Jakhu Temple is considered to be one of the best hills to try your hand while trekking. Although traveling in the shade of a bright sun can be a bit daunting, rainy and cloudy days can make it one of the most enjoyable activities to travel.
- Get Adventures with Horse Riding: Horse riding may be the right thing for those who want to add some more excitement to their Shimla trip. It brings adventure into your life and makes you feel good from the inside out. You can enjoy a drive to Ridge or Kufri Zoo to make the most of your trip! Shop on Mall Road: Your trip to Shimla will not be complete without returning to some souvenir house. From warm socks, mufflers, shawls, caps and gloves to high quality wool clothing, you will find everything you need to look amazing in winter. Mall Road is additionally a good place for those fascinated by shopping for Tibetan handicraft things and jewelry. You can also enjoy Tibetan Market, Hong Kong Market, Thai Market, New NAC Market and Shangri-La Shopping Complex for a wide range of products.
Shimla, Mall Road entrance fee and time limit
There is no entrance fee to visit Mall Road. It is open all day of the week from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Best time to visit Mall Road, Shimla
Although, one will explore the streets of Mall Road at any time of the day, visiting it within the evening can add a lot of worth to your trip. You will feel comfortable in a calm and serene environment – a cool breeze will blow at the top of the mountain. This is a great place to enjoy a fun-filled and relaxing evening with your friends and you will be amazed at how time is spent here. Be sure to bring a light weight sweater, shawl or jacket with you as the weather can be very cold with the time you want to return home.
The last word
Whether you’re visiting Shimla for a business meeting or traveling like a local, visit Mall Road once in a lifetime. It is the best place to visit in the city.
FAQ’s About the Hotels
Que: Does the Hotel offer any business services?
Ans: No, it does not offer any business services.
Que: Do they allow unmarried couples?
Ans: Yes, the hotels allow couples to check in as long as they have valid id proof.
Que: What are some popular amenities available in the hotels?
Ans: Some popular amenities available in the hotels are Luggage storage, Outdoor Activities, CCTV surveillance, Dining, Luggage assistance.
Que: Do the Hotels have any swimming pool?
How to reach
An added benefit of this Shimla tourist spot is its good connectivity to all parts of the city. If you are located in the city center, you can enjoy a few minutes walk to reach Mall Road. However, if you are away from the central location, it is always best to hire a private taxi or local cab to get there. You can also choose to travel in your own vehicle.
Please keep in mind that vehicles are not allowed on the main road, so the best way to explore the area is on foot. For your convenience, Himachal Tourism Development Corporation operates a lift that takes you from the main road to the road above Mall Road.
By Road: Mall Road Shimla is only 1 km from the old bus stand and 1.5 km from the nearest railway station.