Often recognized as the heart of Manali, Manali’s Mall Road is one of the most attractive tourist destinations for Himachal travelers. Famous for its street shopping adventure and involved in various levels of activities, This Road in Manali has got plenty of things to keep you busy for the day. Equipped with multiple restaurants, cafes and hababas, this place is ideal for those who have got a taste of bargaining skills that have deep roots. Start your journey along this Road by paying homage to Ningmapa Buddhist Temple. It’s got the right mix of both architectural flavors and vibrant tones to capture with your DSLR. The Sakiamuni idol is the main temple here.
After all, this famous shopping mall has plenty of emporium and shops for you to buy some passionate souvenirs. The Tibetan style handicrafts found here are simply astonishing. You can also make Tibetan-style incense sticks and attractive singing bowls at some of the shops here. There are a few shops on the Road that sell Kullu and Kinnauri shawls in a wide range of colorful patterns and decorations. A few more local monuments to be excavated on this Road are the Prayer Wheel, Kullu Caps, Thanksgiving, Dorges, Bamboo Monuments, Buddhist Images, Keychains, Nameplates and Turquoise and Silver Jewelry etc. Shawls, Tibetan jewelry, tweed jackets and handicrafts are some of the things that you will never miss while trolling here. In addition, there are Thai Market, Dragon Shopping Complex, Hong Kong Market, New NAC Market, Shangri-La Shopping Complex and Snow Lion Underground Market on Mall Road in Manali.
Best time to visit Mall Road
Manali felt the winter session from October to February. The cool breeze of fresh snow creates a pleasant environment for you to plan your weekly trip on the Road in Manali. This is the time when the natural beauty of Manali has increased tenfold.
Don’t miss the key on Mall Road
Things to do near Mall Road ,Manali:
Here are some great ideas to enjoy on Mall Road in Manali –
- Buy some Tibetan and Himalayan handicrafts on Mall Road – From Mall Road to Tibetan style incense sticks to intricately carved furniture, Tibetan and Himalayan handicraft stores have found Manali.
- Get some woolen clothes for the coming winter – whether you’re looking for a cardigan or sweater or muffler or wool caps, This Road in Manali is nothing short of a true animal shop paradise. A showroom called Himachal Emporium sells branded clothing, locally designed wool fabrics, wood products and jewelery on Mall Road.
- Buy some eye-catching Kullu shawls – The Kullu shawls available at the Mall Road market in Manali are just eyecatching! The vendors here sell a plethora of designer shawls to perfectly double with your outfit.
- Religious vibrations with high quality prayer chakras – some encouragement from Mall Road in Manali holding the prayer wheel. The Tibetan style prayer wheel is a cylindrical object that is fixed on a long handle and rotates its axis.
- Kullu Caps – Now that you have finally reached Manali, take full advantage of this opportunity and grab some traditional traditional Kullu Caps from the shops on Mall Road in Manali. There are plenty of shops on Mall Road selling interesting Kullu caps.
Tibetan-style dorje is a weapon-like structure. These are occasionally used as rituals to symbolize the properties of a lightning bolt and a diamond. Dorje sold on Mall Road is the perfect backpack gift for all of your friends, family and relatives.
- After getting tired along Mall Road- you can get some relaxation in these places and sip a cup of your favorite drink or take a lot of local food. This Road also has a wide range of stalls and fancy restaurants to cater to every meal craving.
- Pray for blessings at Nyingmapa Buddhist Temple, Mall Road, Manali – Located in the middle of a busy street in Manali, this temple still has a quiet silence to calm your junk nerves. Many images of this temple you can click from outside as it has the brilliance of pagoda architectural style.
- Walk for a night along Mall Road – Mall Road in Manali is also a famous night market. So, if you are visiting Manali here and find it difficult to see Mall Road during the day, you can take a night trip. In dim light, make sure you check out all the items sold there
Tips for visiting Mall Road ,Manali
- Mall Road in Manali is equally famous for night shopping as it is for day shopping.
- There are plenty of restaurants on Mall Road to quench your stomach cravings.
- Mall Road Manali shelters various national and international brands. It has also got a wide array of local handicrafts of Manali residents. So, to get it at the best price, make sure to have the skill to bargain his it will help you get the things you want at a reasonable price.
- You don’t have to carry heavy paper money in your wallet. Most of the shops on Mall Road offer cashless services where you can pay by UPI transfer or by credit / debit card.
- There have been incidents of looting and picketing on Mall Road in Manali in the recent past. So it is better not to take expensive things to market during your trip.
Important Places Near Mall Road Manali
Recognized as a popular backpacking destination, Manali has a variety of tourist spots suitable for every age group. Here is a list of some of the best attractions when you visit this Road in Manali –
- Hadimba Temple – Wife of Bhima – This is a very beautiful temple dedicated entirely to Hadimba. Located in the middle of the pine cover of the Dhungri forest, the Hadimba temple is known for its architectural brilliance and religious sanctity.
Hours: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Himachal Culture and Folk Art Museum – This museum is located near the Hadimba Temple, within which it displays a wide range of ancient and modern antiquities. There are religious ruins, instruments, weapons, household items and scale models.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Tibetan Bihar – This place is recognized as one of the most important settlements of the Tibetan community in Manali. Here you can find a wide array of beautifully crafted Tibetan arts and crafts.
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Basishta Temple – The Vasishta Temple in Manali is a popular tourist destination for its hot springs. The temple is built in the shape of a giant pyramid stone.
Time – 07:00 to 02:00 in the morning and then from 02:00 to 10:00 pm.
- Jogini Falls – Manali’s Jogini Falls is a breathtaking sight and is widely recognized as one of the top tourist destinations in Manali. The stunning views in the background, the melodious melody of Mother Nature and the delicious food of the abundant snow together make this place an adorable place for both nature lovers and backpackers.
Time – before sunset
Manali Mall Road is open all days of the week from 9.00 am to 9.00 pm.
Average Temperature in Mall Road:
Manali experiences an average temperature of 15.1 degrees Celsius.
Minimum duration required:
You only need one day to tour the entire Mall Road in Manali.
- Hotel Central View
- Apple Blossoms
- Hotel Singer Model Town Mall Road Manali
- Gorumgo Ideal Annexe Manali
- Hotel Pushpak Mall Road
The same thing will happen to food when you are behind the enchanting scenery and beautiful beauty of the scene. Here is a list of some of the best places to eat after a tiring return from this Road in Manali –
- Mount View Restaurant
- The open air and multi-cuisine restaurant
- Renaissance Manali
- Roof Restaurant
- Tulsi Leaf Restaurant
By Road: This Roya is located 200.0 meters from Manali city center. On any rental cab ride you can easily cover this distance and transfer from the city center to this Road in 5 to 10 minutes. Otherwise, as the distance is very short, walking will be the most convenient option for you to reach your final destination.
By Air: Bhuntar Airport The nearest airport for travel on Manali Mall Road. It is located 50 km from Manali city center. From the city center, Manali Mall Road is located at a distance of 200 meters, which is easy to walk.